Motorcycle Pictures, Preview and Specifications.
KAWASAKI Vulcan 1700 Vaquero (2011)
Click Thumbnail to download (size 1600 x 1200 pixels)
The dictionary defines vaquero as a Spanish-origin word meaning “cowboy” or “herdsman.” Well, if that cowboy happened to be independent, adventurous, undeniably-cool and sported handmade boots and a custom hat, he’d probably ride a 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan® 1700 Vaquero™.
Baggers are arguably the coolest cruisers these days, and it’s not a stretch to see why. The really good ones are low, long, ultra stylish and, with their chopped fairings and hard-case side bags, plenty functional.
The new Vaquero bagger is all that – and much more. Kawasaki engineers and designers didn’t just throw custom paint and a blacked-out motif on a Vulcan 1700 and call it done. They digested valuable owner and market research, and scrutinized every system – engine, chassis, features, bodywork and appearance – to ensure that the bike being developed squared nicely with what cruiser buyers wanted............Read more >
MSRP: $16,499 USD
• Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valve per cylinder, 52° V-twin
• Displacement: 1,700cc / 103.7ci
• Bore x Stroke: 102 x 104mm
• Compression ratio: 9.5:1
• Maximum Torque: 108 lb-ft @ 2,750 rpm
• Cooling System: Liquid, plus cooling fins
• Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
• Induction: Digital fuel injection, dual 42mm throttle bodies
• Transmission: 6-speed with overdrive and positive neutral finder
• Frame Type: Steel, double-cradle with box-section single-tube backbone
• Rake/Trail: 30° / 7.0 in.
• Front Suspension / wheel travel: 45mm hydraulic fork / 5.5 in.
• Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with twin air-assisted shocks, with 4-way rebound damping / 3.1 in.
• Front Tire Size: 130/90x16
• Rear Tire Size: 170/70x16
• Brakes, front / rear: Dual 300mm discs, dual twin-piston calipers / Single 300mm disc, twin-piston caliper
• Overall length: 98.8 in.
• Overall width: 38.2 in.
• Overall height: 50.8 in.
• Seat height: 28.7 in.
• Curb weight: 835.7 lbs.**
• Wheelbase: 65.6 in.
• Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
• Color Choices: Ebony, Candy Fire Red
• Warranty: 36 months
• Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24 or 36 months
** Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90-percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
Motorcycle Insurance Informations